The following is a guest post by: Heather Svihl–Adventures of My Life
As a Christian Mother, I try to focus on being the kind of wife and mother that God designed me to be. Today, I want to share briefly with you about how you can be the kind of wife and mother God has designed you to be.
How does a woman become the kind of wife and mother God has designed her to be?
She orders her life according to God’s priorities.
• Growing in her relationship with God comes first.
• Respecting and supporting her husband comes second.
• Teaching and training her children come time.
She orders everything else in her life (outside activities, job and career, volunteer work, etc.) around these top three priorities. God is in the middle and everything roams around it.
I am a Mary Kay Consultant and in Mary Kay we say If you put God first, Family Second and Career third in that order everything works and out of that order nothing else works.
A discerning woman chooses God’s Design rather than yielding to other influences.
She intentionally pursues a relationship with God
• She spends time regularly praying and reading her bible.
• It is important to find a time that works for you.
• She is actively involved in a local church that teaches the Bible
• She takes advantage of opportunities to better understand what the Bible teaches.
• She spends time with other women who share her faith in God
• Are you around people who share your faith all the time or are you spending time with people who don’t share your faith?
• There should be a balance.
She welcomes God’s design for her marriage.
• God created the man to be the leader in the marriage.
• God created the women to be man’s helper and completer in marriage
• Then the Lord God said, “It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him.” -Genesis 2:18
• “Helper” is a title of worth
• God refers to Himself in Scripture as our helper.
• Behold, God is my helper; the Lord is the upholder of my life. -Psalm 54:4
• Husband and wives have equal value but different roles, responsibilities, and purposes.
• There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
She actively works at being the best wife she can be.
• A wise women builds her house, but the foolish tears it down with her own hands. -Proverbs 14:1
• Her marriage is her most important human relationship.
• This relationship takes priority over her relationship with her children, other family members, and friends.
She gives significant daily attention to her responsibility and call as a mother.
• A woman’s home is the place where she can change the world
• Building young men and women for the next generation is a most noble task
Biblical Priorities are at the heart of becoming the wife and mother God intends us to be. Where is your heart?
Thank you for stopping by and checking out my guest post. I want to thank Trista for allowing me to be a guest blogger today.
You can contact me via:
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Adventuresofmylife
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/hsvihl
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/hsvihl
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/111312025809268932813/posts/p/pub