Emotions have been running high this week since the government officially shut down. Drama and rumors have been flooding everywhere, especially on social media. This horrible situation has divided the Nation. It has effected just about every aspect of our society. It can be hard to stay positive through the mess with the government.
Its VERY easy to loose sight of how to handle what is going on with the shut down. If you don’t know what happen, basically the Democrats and Republicans were unable to resolve their differences over Obama care and now the government is shut down.
– There was talk that federal workers won’t get paid during this shutdown
– This year Miramar Air Show in San Diego has been canceled due to restrictions stemming from the government shutdown. Read more on the article here: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/San-Diego-Miramar-Air-Show-Canceled-226295541.html#ixzz2gtCKHMXr
– Some military programs has been affected, such as the commissary because of the shutdown.
During this time, The government is not dependable but God is. While you don’t know what the future holds, you know Who holds the future. My heart goes out to the family and friends who have been effected by this event.
During this difficult time, there have been some hope and generosity around the world. (Addressing the issues above)
– During this shutdown, the government just recently agreed that Federal employees will receive back pay for the time they were out of work. Full article HERE: ( http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/05/government-shutdown-back-pay_n_4049377.html)
– Some military-affiliated banks and credit unions have announced their plans to help service members manage their finances if there is a government shutdown and Oct. 15 paychecks are affected. October 1 paychecks will not be affected, regardless of whether there is a shutdown. More info on the article Here.
– Even though military pay has not been affected, The commissary still reminds to be closed, but supermarkets around the area, are lending a hand to help out during this time.
— Sam’s Club officials all military members will be allowed to shop in the members-only warehouse store for free until the government shutdown ends and the commissaries reopen. Read more: http://spousebuzz.com/blog/2013/10/free-military-sams-club-membership-shutdown-ends.html#ixzz2gstmZRed
— Albertsons is offering 10% discount for active duty, reserved, and retired military personnel. (Must show ID)
These scriptures are just a reminder to not lose hope. Never focus on the size of your problem. Focus on the size of your God. ~ Tony Evans
Psalms 23:1 – The Lord is my shepherd: I shall lack nothing.