So eating healthy is what My family and I are striving for, plus I like to try new things, types of vegetables or fruits. So whenever I get to try new healthy recipes I experiment with my husband and children. Trying emeals has given me ideas and so many recipes to try! Check it out HERE.
So here comes Brussels Sprouts… Believe it or not, I’ve never tried it, I actually never really thought about trying it until I was at the supermarket doing some food shopping with healthy meals on the mind, I came across Brussels sprouts and thought this would be a fun snack.
I started looking at videos on HOW to cook and make Brussels sprouts and came across this video, I LOVE to watch her videos and I always use her videos as my go to.
- 1 lb of Brussels Spouts
- 4 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- ***Lemon zest (optional)
- 1) Fill a pot with water and sprinkle in a good pinch of salt.
- 2) Cut the Brussels sprouts in half lengthwise and get rid of a few of the outer leaves.
- 3) Add them to the boiling water and cook them for about 3 minutes.
- 4) Drain, pat them dry with a kitchen towel and set aside.
- 5) In a large skillet over medium high heat, add the olive oil and let it get really nice and hot.
- 6) Add the Brussels sprouts and place them cut side down in the hot skillet. Cook them for about 3 minutes on each side or until really golden and crispy.
- 7) Add the garlic and season with salt and pepper, cook them in the garlic for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- 8) Finish them off with some lemon zest if desired.
- I did not use the lemon zest because I didn't have any lemon, It's optional.