Hi Guys! Olive oil is pretty popular in cooking and in the natural hair community. When I first started my loc journey olive oil was and still is today a stable in our household. I talked about my loc journey a few posts back about how I got started, and some of the products I use. I wanted to talk about olive oil and other unique ways you can use it in your everyday life.
- You can use Olive oil to shave. Olive oil can provide a closer shave instead of shaving cream!
- Olive oil can prevent wax from sticking to a candle holder. Rub a thin coat on the base of the holder before inserting a candle. Dripped wax should peel away easily.
- Olive oil can be used to care for your pet. Add 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon to your cat’s food to help prevent hair balls.
- Olive oil can be used to unstick a zipper. Using a Q-tip, apply a drop to lubricate the teeth of the zipper. (Avoid touching the fabric). The zipper should move up and down freely.
- Olive Oil can shine stainless steel, other cleaning supplies, such as ammonia, can dull and even corrode stainless steel. Olive oil is a safe and effective shining agent.
- Olive Oil can be used to dust wooden furniture. Apply a small bit of oil to a cloth and wipe.
- It can used to silence squeaky doors. Lubricate hinges by applying a small dab to a cloth, then wipe the top of the hinges so that the oil runs down the sides.
- Moisturize finger nails. Apply a small amount of olive oil to the nail beds.
- Remove eye makeup. Use a dime size amount under the eyes and rinse off with a wash cloth.
- Finally, Olive oil can be use to moisturize dry skin, rub a thin layer over your skin after a shower or a waxing!
Share any unique ways you use olive oil!