Starting a business, for those who have never been in business, it can get overwhelming. When you follow God’s plan, it is guaranteed success in business, Following these biblical truths in Proverbs 22:17-29 for the foundation of your business will keep you on the right track.
1. Listen (consent and submit) to the words of the wise, and apply your mind to my knowledge; (Proverbs 22:17)
(Listen to those who have been there before, such as a mentor, or business coach).
2. For it is good to keep these sayings in your heart and always ready on your lips (Proverbs 22:18).
(When you keep and understand the instructions and wisdom being passed down to you and you apply it to your business, When you speak about your business, you will have a boldness, an impact in your speech when you talk about your business and not just go off of what someone else is doing and saying).
3. I am teaching you today—yes, YOU—so you will trust in the Lord (Proverbs 22:19).
(When you are going through ups and downs in business, when you are paying attention and listen to the sayings of the wise (Godly mentor, business coach, etc.) and keep it to your heart, your foundation won’t be shaken, because you are rooted in God’s word. (Psalms 1:3- “And he shall be like a tree firmly planted [and tended] by the streams of water, ready to bring forth its fruit in its season; its leaf also shall not fade or wither; and everything he does shall prosper [and come to maturity].”)
4. I’m giving you thirty sterling principles—tested guidelines to live by, filled with advice and knowledge. (Proverbs 22:20)
(When you meditate day and night on God’s word, you will get instructions on what to do concerning your business).
5. In this way, Believe me these are truths that work, and will keep you accountable to those who sent you (Proverbs 22:21)
(Apply these truths to your business because they work, for the success of your business).