Parsnips are a great alternative to eating french fries. When you try these babies, they taste just like you are eating potato fries but a little bit sweeter. I did a search on The benefits of parsnips and here’s what I’ve found:
- Parsnips are high in Fiber
- Parsnips are high in Vitamin C, K, E
- Parsnips helps to regulate the immune system
- Parsnips are naturally sweet and is about 75 calories
- Parsnips are high in potassium, Iron, magnesium, which helps with high blood pressure and controls the heart rate.
- Parsnips can be eaten raw and its related to the carrot family and is a great dietary option.
- **Interesting Fact: Parsnips are known to lower levels of depression when added to your diet regularly.**
I came across this method when I was looking to try a different vegetable and loved how “Everything Luxury” on YouTube cooked the fries. Check it out
Here’s how I made it-
Parsnip Fries Recipe:
• 2 large parsnips, peeled and sliced into thin sticks
• 3 tablespoons olive oil, coconut oil, canola oil or whatever oil you have on hand (or use as much as needed)
• 1 tablespoon garlic powder, or whatever seasoning you have ( I LOVE garlic!) (optional)
• salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to broil.
2. Combine all ingredients in a bowl until the fries are well coated with seasoning.
3. Spread the fries in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 10-25 minutes or until a little brown.