In part 1, Kathryn Sneed from Singing through the rain and I talked about getting started with a blog. We asked the question, which directions are you taking this blog, Is it to make money or is it a hobby?
We gave tools for both situations. Now getting to the meat and potatoes of this blogging series, Making Money. Here are some ways Kathryn Sneed makes money from her blog. Just last year 2015, she made $30,000, we both discuss ways you can also achieve this.
Making Money from blogging
- Make sure your blog is professional looking
- Be consistent with your blogging content. Good content.
- Guest post on other bloggers
- Trade services
- Start by offering services on your blog, such as: (Creating images for other bloggers, Writing content, Virtual Assistant services, etc.), Start with lower prices, you will gain more customers and build your portfolio at the same time.
- Sponsored Posts (Companies will pay you to write about their products or services)
- Sponsored tweets
- Affiliate links: (Amazon, google adsence, apple & iTunes, etc.)
- Create Ad space on your blogs for small businesses and companies to advertise on your page
- Join blogging companies (Clevergirls, SITS girls, MSBnews Media)
- Pad Squad (Blogging secret) For mobilization
- Create E-books. Kathryn wrote a book “Journey through Deployment” <— (I also did a review on it as well)
You can check out more of her services and what she offers at an affordable price.
Find out what she is all about check her out here: