I’m excited to talk with you guys about Trim Healthy Mama.
The authors serene Allison and Pearl barrett wrote an effective and biblical sound, to eat food in a health and weight loss way. They wrote the “Trim Healthy Mama plan” which talks a lot about enjoying all kids of food. From healthy Fats to protein and having energy with carbs and protein. It is a plan for anyone at any stage of life, great for families, pregnant and nursing mothers.
Then, the same authors wrote “Trim Healthy mama cook book.” They promote food as a freedom movement and you don’t have to be restricted, when it comes to eating healthy.
This one is more about the meals. Here are some of the things I LOVE about the cook book:
- Most of the recipes shown in this book have pictures. When I look for cook books, I like for it to show what the food is supposed to look like and not just have the recipe.
- I LOVE the freezer meal options. Meals I know my family will love.
- This book also have healthy alternatives you can make with a meal.
- I love the hot and cold drink options
- I love the healthy dessert options
- They even have slow cooker meal recipes you can make and freeze as well
- They have TONS of dairy-free recipes
- I also love the fun phrases they have for food: “Not naughty noodles” “Doonk” (1/32 teaspoon) and Troodles (Trim noodles: Zucchini made into noodles)
I made a recipe that was inspired my Trim Healthy Mama. I used the “Not naughty noodles” and made a YUMMY meal out of it called: Lemon Shrimp with “Not naughty noodles”
- 1 Tbsp of Vegan butter
- 1/2 cup of Frozen pkg of Shrimp (Peeled, cooked and devined)
- half of a lemon
- 1 Tbsp Mrs. Dash lemon season
- Pinch of salt & Pepper
- 1 pkg of Miracle noodles
- Frozen pkg of Mix Veggies (optional)
- In Med. heated pan melt butter
- added Mrs. dash in butter
- add shrimp
- salt & pepper
- mix together until pink
- Add miracle noodles (after washing from pkg, under hot water)
- mix together with shrimp
- In a small pot add mix veggies
- cook for 5 to 10 mins
- The Miracle noodles or "Not naughty noodles"does have a fishy smell coming from the pkg. Once noodles are washed under hot water, the smell is gone and the taste is AMAZING!
- This meals only makes one, you can easily double the recipe for 2 people or a family.
Disclaimer: As a Blogging for Books member I agree to post honest and insightful reviews for the Blogging for Books program. All Opinions are my own.