I’m always on the look out for easy recipes. Muffins are an easy go to breakfast meal for the family.
I’m still in summer mode and I’m not ready for it to end. It’s back to school time which means Fall is right around the corner. I LOVE fall and all it has to offer with leaves changing color, cold weather, hot chocolate, Pumpkin Spice and everything else that comes with fall. I’m not ready for it.
My babies (My soon to be 13-year-old teen twins= “My Tweens”) started 7th grade this year and I tried to take a picture but they didn’t let me. They ran away from me and finally told me no. I want to respect that. I did do a video of me taking them to their first day of school. Last year was their first year as middle schoolers and next year they will be in the 8th grade, getting ready for high school and my youngest will be getting ready for kindergarten. They grow up so fast. I remember when my twins first started 1st grade and was wearing uniforms. How time FLY’S!
Below is the back-to-school video I made.
Last year, I started a new tradition with them, whenever they go back to school, I make muffins and their favorite is Chocolate chip. I made homemade Instant pancake mix that can be used for pancakes, bread and muffins as well. This time around, I didn’t have time to put together the ingredients for it and I wanted something easy and fast to make. I had some pancake mix and Belgian waffle mix and decided to make muffins.
I tried it with both regular pancake mix and the Belgian waffle mix, as I mentioned above and they both came out the same…. Delicious! Here’s how to make it:
- 2 1/2 Cups of Pancake Mix
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla
- 1/3 cup of sugar or less if desire
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven for 350
- Mix ingredients in bowl
- Pour mixture in muffin tins
- Back for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown
- I like to add the chocolate chips after the pancake mix, so, the chocolate chips are mixed within the muffin, instead of on top.
- The sugar makes it sweet, with the 1/3rd cup, which is why I added "or less" because its up to you. I thought it was too sweet with the 1/3 cup, so, when I made it the next time, I added less and it was perfect for me. Add more or less to your desired taste.