In preparation of the holidays, I’m writing out a few tips on how to prepare and enjoy the holidays at the same time.
During this time of season it is super busy for me. I have twins, their birthdays are close to Christmas, I have family coming down who want to see the kids and spend time as a family. Here are a few tips in preparation for the upcoming holidays.
1. Make a schedule. Plan out the details of what you would like to happen, my main goal this year is to just focus on memories. My kids want to do things like cook, bake and decorate the tree. Last year we had a wonderful pine tree and the kids loved to decorate it, it was fun.
2. Shop ahead. Use and get tools that will help make your holiday preparations easier. For example, Use the Evergreen Elf to monitor your Christmas tree’s water level. The visual and audio will alert you when your tree is dry, saving you the hassle of climbing over presents and under branches to check the water level in your tree stand. It Reduce’s the risk of Christmas tree fires with the Evergreen Elf! Also you can water your Christmas tree, a fun activity for the whole family. I know my youngest daughter, who’s four years old, loves to help and making memories is my top priority on my holiday list this year.
3. Consider doing something different each year. Last year my kids enjoyed it, when we made Chocolate covered pretzels. We did a lot of baking cookies and fun holiday drinks. This year, I made it a family affair to pack boxes for children in need. We went shopping and packed boxes, the kids loved it.
4. Create a meal plan and go shopping with a friend. Going shopping with a friend, makes it less mundane and a lot more fun and enjoyable. The goal for this holiday season is have fun and make memories. Don’t lose sight of that, in the preparations.
5. Enjoy the holidays and take breaks. It won’t be fun or enjoyable for the family or you, if you’re not at your best self. Taking breaks even if you didn’t get everything done on your list, will help you in the long run.
For more information on the Evergreen elf, follow them in the links below.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheEvergreenElf
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/myevergreenelf
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/evergreenelf/
This holiday season, let’s enjoy our family and have fun. Share with me if you have any tips that help you in preparation for the holidays.