When establishing a routine for my business, I had to create a schedule that worked for my business and my household.
Creating a routine for myself and family is important to me. I had to sit down and look at what I wanted in both my business and home. Spending time with God, spending time with my children and husband is important to me.
So I had to ask myself, what would a perfect day look like and write it down and actually do it. By doing this, I’m creating my ideal schedule that works and everyone is happy. Here’s how you can start:
- Ask yourself, what is important to you. As I stated above, spending time with God is important to me, that’s where I get my wisdom, strength and even frustration out, before even starting my day. I lay down what is heavy on my heart to God. The scripture says: Psalm 55:22a– “cast your burden on the Lord (release it), and He will sustain you.” That is where, I pray out my schedule and ask God what does He want me to work on, what does He want me to do today. He will reveal it to you.
- Write down your ideal schedule and do it. For me writing it down and actually looking at my schedule, gives me an idea of what to do and making it happen. When you write it down and actually do it, you will find what works and what doesn’t and rearrange it. Creating that routine takes time and patient. If you don’t have it down today, don’t worry, keep trying and don’t quit.
- When is a time, you’re at your best. For me its the morning, I raise up ready to take on the day, early, before the sun comes up. I know for some people mornings may not be they’re best time. For me, working pass 8pm is THE WORST time! I can’t even form sentences pass 8pm. So how can I give anyone my best, to my children, my husband, or anyone. They won’t benefit from Trista working pass 8pm.
- Take time to rest. Resting is a vital part of success in business. Just like taking a lunch break (rest) when you work at a 9 to 5 job, taking a break when you are running a business is beneficial for you and the people you may be working with.
- Find a method that works for you. Everything I may be sharing here on this blog, may not work for you. Find it. Try one of the tips I mentioned and then find the rest. There is no one formula that will fix everything. I’m sharing what works for me, and how I’m able to get things done. I have a friend that realizes she cannot multi task, I can and actually thrive at doing it. That’s how MY brain works. Figure out how your brain works. If you do drop a ball, pick it up and try again.
- Do research. Find what other entrepreneurs are doing and try their methods. In creating a routine that works, it could be a mixture of different things, from different people, its finding what works for you and sticking to it.
- Keep going. Don’t Quit. When moving forward in your business and things don’t work out. Don’t quit. If somethings not working out, you now have wisdom. You know what doesn’t work, find what does. Its takes a lot of motivation to stand up after that but that’s what separate’s you from other people. That is why I can share wisdom, because I didn’t quit, I felt like it so many times, but having positive people and moving forward is what makes you stand out from all the rest.
Above is a video, of a break down of my day, and What I went into detail, on how you can create a schedule of success of your home and business. I know these tips will help you if you try it. I felt frustrated, when I was looking to actually find that routine that work for my family and business, it took time. Let me know in the comments below what schedule works for you?